Hello Church Family and Ararat Friends,
Hear the Word of God: "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread...for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you for forsake you." ESV
As we adjust to ever changing situations and guidelines issued by our officials...This is a time like none of us have ever seen. As believers we have a longing to gather together...as we should...out of that same love, at this time, we need to heed advice from those who work with this every day and who are striving to provide guidelines to help us a stay well and protect others…Think more about the fact that you could unknowingly infect another person and not even know you are infected yourself (that is the way this virus is spreading)…so it is not whether you are afraid you will get the virus that is the only factor…it is concern of passing it to someone else. We must think of others.
So here is our current plan...remember it is developing and fluid...we will adjust as needed...we will improve as we learn much of this on the fly...church leadership will be consistently evaluating how we can continue to be the church. Bear in mind the church is crucial in times like this! How we do things will just look different.
Remember this will pass and this is only for a time.
- No gatherings/services at the church building itself until further notice. Social Distancing is the primary request for us at this point from our leaders and medical experts. They ask us to stay home unless we have to get out. not meet in groups larger than 10 and even then we are to be six feet apart. I asked the janitorial team to do a deep cleaning and complete disinfectant Tuesday.
- Know that I am available...I want to be available for you to pray, talk, minister...you can call me (731) 616-1482, text me, email me. If we need to meet we will figure that out.
- Email or call the church office. We will be checking emails and phone messages if you have prayer needs or any needs.
- Contact your deacon or Sunday School Teacher. If you need assistance of any kind.
- We will connect and communicate in a number of ways...and continue to try to develop additional ways to help you stay connected to your church family...
- Personal Connection: call one another, lift one another up with encouraging words, pray with fellow believers on the phone, text, send cards, etc.
- We have FaceBook where we can place videos...messages...reach out to one another in a variety of ways…
- We also will be providing information on our website...there are new tabs for church news where you can find updated info on our church life (This is where you will find announcements and such). You can also find a new link in the worship drop down menu...just click on the worship tab and you can go to the services and Bible studies section. (This will be where we will put the Sunday morning sermon)
- We are limited on music right now. As a church we cannot perform or play music that is under current copy write. So listen to your favorite source of Christian music prior to listening to the sermon.
- We will seek ways to provide music or point you to it.
- Giving tithes and offerings is an important part of worship. As you know, things will not always be this way. No doubt through all of this we will have different and new ways of doing ministry. Some churches will have great difficulty going forward financially...We may have opportunity to minister to individuals, families, and even other churches who are in need the longer this thing lasts....plus we have on going bills that have to be paid and ministry that will continue…
- You may give by mail.
- (we hope to be providing a secure way for you to drop your tithe/offering by the church soon)
- Ararat Baptist Church
3608 Brownsville HWY
Jackson, TN 38301
- It would be a good time to sign up for online giving. You can do that on the church website under the giving tab...it is safe and secure.
- You can give by text...again you can find that online as well.
- You may give by mail.
- We have people ready to pick up your prescriptions...
- We have people who can make grocery runs for you.
- Please don't sit in need...let us know...we stand ready to serve...
- Many don't want or like FaceBook, however, maybe this would be the time you can encourage them to consider having a FaceBook account simply to stay connected on a limited scale...they can just friend those closest to them or the church and miss a lot of what they want to miss...
Bless you all....